This is the privacy notice of The Surrey Circus Centre. In this document, “we”, “our”, or “us” refer to The Surrey Circus Centre.
This notice informs you of our policy relating to all information that we record about you. It covers both information that could identify you and information that could not. This policy may be updated from time to time. It was last updated on 17th February 2021.
We are extremely concerned about protecting your privacy and confidentiality. We understand that all users of our website, mailing list subscribers and those who interact with The Surrey Circus Centre should be confident to know that their data will not be used for any unintended purpose and will not accidentally fall into the hands of a third party.
Our policy is both specific and strict and complies with and meets the guidelines set out by the UK Information Commissioner’s Office. If you think our policy falls short of your expectations or that we are failing to abide by our policy, do please tell us. We regret that if there are one or more points below with which you are not happy, your only recourse is to leave our web site immediately. Except as set out below, we do not share, or sell, or disclose to a third party, any personally identifiable information collected at this site.
Here is a list of the information we collect from you because you have contacted us on our website or because you gave it to us in some other way and why it is necessary we collect it:
Business and personal information: This includes basic identification and contact information, such as your name and contact details and also includes all information given to us in the course of your business and ours, such as information you give us in your capacity as our client. We undertake to preserve the confidentiality of the information and of the terms of our relationship. It is not used for any other purpose. We expect you to reciprocate this policy.
This information is used:1.1. to provide you with the services which you request; 1.2. for verifying your identity for security purposes; 1.3. for marketing our services and products; 1.4. information which does not identify any individual may be used in a general way by us or third parties, to provide class information, for example relating to demographics or usage of a particular page or service. We keep information, which forms part of our business record for a minimum of six years. That is because we may need it in some way to support a claim or defence in court. That is also the period within which our tax collecting authorities may demand to know it.
2. Your domain name and e-mail address This information is recognised by our servers and the pages that you visit are recorded. We shall not under any circumstances, divulge your e-mail address to any person who is not an employee or contractor of ours and who does not need to know, either generally or specifically. This information is used: 2.1. to correspond with you or deal with you as you expect; 2.2. to send you news about the services to which you have signed up; 2.3. to tell you about our other services or services of sister websites.
3. Information you post on our website Information you send to us by posting to a forum or blog or in your advertisement, is stored on our servers. We do not specifically use that information except to allow it to be read, but you will see in our terms and conditions that we reserve a right to use it in any way we decide.
5. Information we obtain from third parties Although we do not disclose your personal information to any third party (except as set out in this notice), we do receive data which is indirectly made up from your personal information, from software services such as Google Analytics and others. No such information is identifiable to you.
6. Content you provide to us with a view to be used by third party If you provide information to us with a view to it being read, copied, downloaded, or used by other people, we accept no responsibility for what that third party may do with it. It is up to you to satisfy yourself about the privacy level of every person who might see your information. If it is available to all the world, neither we nor you have no control whatever as to how it is used.
7. Cookies Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer’s hard drive through your web browser when you visit any web site. They are widely used to make web sites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site. Like all other users of cookies, we may request the return of information from your computer when your browser requests a web page from our server. Cookies enable our web server to identify you to us, and to track your actions and the pages you visit while you use our website. The
cookies we use may last for a single visit to our site (they are deleted from your computer when you close your browser) or may remain on your computer until you delete them or until a defined period of time has passed.
8. Sending a message to The Surrey Circus Centre you send a message, we collect the data you have given to us in that message in order to obtain confirmation that you are entitled to receive the information and to provide to you the information you need. We record your request and our reply in order to increase the efficiency of our organisation. We may keep personally identifiable information associated with your message, such as your name, email address, and contact number so that we can refer to it if you contact us again in future.
9. Complaining When we receive a complaint, we record all the information you have given to us. We use that information to resolve your complaint. If your complaint reasonably requires us to contact some other person, we may decide to give to that other person some of the information contained in your complaint. We do this as infrequently as possible, but it is a matter for our sole discretion as to whether we do give information, and if we do, what that information is. We may also compile statistics showing information obtained from this source to assess the level of service we provide, but not in a way that could identify you or any other person.
10. Job application and employment If you send us information in connection with a job application, we may keep it on record for up to one year in case we decide to contact you at a later date. If we employ you, we collect information about you and your work from time to time throughout the period of your employment. This information will be used only for purposes directly relevant to your employment. After your employment has ended, we will keep your file for six years before destroying or deleting it.
11. Email marketing and fundraising The Surrey Circus Centre issues regular communications via email to update mailing list subscribers on The Surrey Circus Centre projects, events and fundraising activities. When you sign up to our mailing list, we will add your name and email address to our secure database. Every marketing email you receive from us will have an unsubscribe link. Alternatively, you can write to us at email@example.com to request removal. We will retain sufficient detail on our suppression lists to help ensure we do not contact you in future.
12. Use of site by children We do not market to children, nor do we sell products or services for purchase by children. We do sell products and services for end use by children, but for purchase by adults. If you are under 18, you may use our website only with consent from a parent or guardian.
13. Disclosure to Government and their agencies We are subject to the law like everyone else. We may be required to give information to legal authorities if they so request or if they have the proper authorisation such as a search warrant or court order.
15. Review or update personally identifiable information At any time you may review or update the personally identifiable information that we hold about you, by contacting us at the address below. To better safeguard your information, we will also take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections to your information.
16. Subject access request You have the right to obtain from us an electronic or paper copy of all personal information concerning yourself by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org
17. Removal of your information If you wish us to remove personally identifiable information from our website, you may contact us at email@example.com. To better safeguard your information, we will also take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections to your information.